Private Trips ~ Terms and Conditions
Bristol Community Ferry Boats LTD
These terms and conditions apply to private trips
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- If an event booking form is completed by an individual other than the named group contact, it is the responsibility of the named group contact to ensure they are able to attend the event.
- Booking forms are where you confirm in writing all your requirements, details and that you have read these terms and conditions. We require booking forms to be filled out and returned to us 4 weeks prior to the trip date.
- Without receipt of your booking form and subsequent payment your trip(s) we will not provide the booked trip.
- Without receipt of your booking form 4 weeks prior to your trip date we may need to determine your pick up points and pub stops ourselves and reserve the right to do so.
- Bristol Community Ferry Boats Ltd reserve the right to change the boat used due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of damage to our boats or loss of our property, the person or company who has booked the trip will be accountable.
- If a booking has not been confirmed with an agreed deposit or issue of an invoice within 7 days BCFB Ltd reserves the right to make the booked boat available again without notice.
- Private trips will not take place without full payment showing as cleared funds in our account. BCFB Ltd reserves the right not to provide a trip which has not been paid for in full unless a prior arrangement has been made in writing by us.
- For bookings accepted with purchase orders, invoices will be sent via email to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid on the due date stated on the invoice.
- Invoices are available to companies and educational organisations only.
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card, cash or BACS.
- In the case of making payment from outside UK, transfer and bank fee are the responsibility of the client.
- We welcome family groups, however, we will not accept bookings for groups of under 25 year olds unless they are accompanied by 4 responsible adults. A good behaviour bond may apply.
- Good Behaviour Bond: The returnable £200 good behaviour bond applies to ALL Stag parties and parties for those under the age of 25. ALL private trips are also subject to a good behaviour bond at the discretion of our office team. Provided our Behaviour Policy is adhered to the £200 good behavior bond shall be returned electronically to the Individual responsible for the booking when you call us in the office on the next business day.
- Intoxication: If passengers are in a condition where it is unsafe for them to board a boat they will not be allowed on board. If at any point during the evening Crew become concerned for the safety of anyone on board we reserve the right to abandon the trip. There will be no refund of your bond.
- Costumes: Please note some pubs to not allow costumes
- In the event of anyone causing a danger to our crew, boats, other passengers, themselves or other members of the public we reserve the right to refuse to start or abandon a trip part way through to ensure our passengers safety or to prevent damage to our boats.
- In the event of unsuitable or abusive behaviour to our crew, members of the public or other passengers we also reserve the right to refuse to start or abandon the trip and any good behaviour bond will be retained by BCFB Ltd.
GOOD BEHAVIOUR POLICY
All private trips are subject to a good behaviour bond at the discretion of our office team. This includes ALL Stag parties and parties for those under the age of 25.
In the event of the following behaviours we reserve the right to refuse to start or abandon the trip part way and any good behaviour bond paid will be retained by BCFB Ltd.
- Guests have put themselves or the crew in any danger or potential danger.
- Guests have behaved in a rude and aggressive manner towards the crew, other members of the public or pub staff.
- Guests have damaged any part of the boat.
- Guests have damaged any part of the bars and pubs visited during the trip.
- Guests have been in a state of undress on the boat or in the bars - Our reputation is extremely important within.
- Guests have brought their own alcohol on our licensed boats (Brigantia, Matilda, Emily).
- Guests have brought drugs on-board any of our boats.
- Guests have caused need to call the police.
- Guests have been thrown or have jumped in the water during their trip.
- Guests have been kicked out of any of the pre-booked pubs.
- Guests have ignored the safety requirements outlined by crew.
Pay attention to the safety announcement on-board.
Listen to the crew - they are there to ensure passengers safety or to prevent damage to our boats. Hopefully you will have a great time and be a pleasure to have on board. In this case if you have paid a good behaviour bond, please call the office on the next working day to reclaim your deposit.
CANCELLATION & AMENDMENTS POLICY
The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below;
28 calendar days ~ The deposit is non-refundable but transferable
28 - 22 calendar days (inclusive) ~ 30% refund of full cost is refundable
21 – 15 calendar days (inclusive) ~ 20% refund of full cost is refundable
14 - 1 calendar days (inclusive) ~ No refund will be given
Failure to attend ~ No refund will be given
The only reason for us to cancel a trip is very high winds or when instructed to do so by relevant harbour authorities.
In the event of cancellation of an event by BCFB Ltd, we will endeavor to inform the trip organiser as soon as possible before the event is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible.
All event fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another BCFB Ltd trip. BCFB Ltd shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
Bristol Community Ferry Boats Ltd. shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the event be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.