Frequently asked questions
If the answer to your query can't be found on this page please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call us on 0117 9273416. Office hours 09:30-17:30 Monday to Friday and Saturdays in the summer months.
Can I take a group on your Timetabled Service?
- We welcome groups but for parties of more than 10 it is advisable to give us a call on the day and check how busy we are. Seats cannot be pre-booked on timetabled services but we will be able to advise our skippers of your wherabouts and any special requirements.
- On busy days and during high season we cannot guarantee that large parties will be able to travel together. It may not be necessary but be prepared to break into smaller groups.
- For parties of over 20 people or for groups who wish to make their journey in the comfort of a privately chartered vessel we offer a range of private hire options that may suit your needs better.
What Facilities do you have onboard?
- We have 5 boats in our fleet and they all have different facilities. Three of our boats have heated cabins and toilet facilities. Our most modern boat has hot and cold running water and a flushing toilet. Our smaller traditional wooden vessels have limited cover and no lavatory facilities but they more than make up for it in personality.
- We will always endeavour to provide all ferry routes with the best available boat; taking into account demand, weather conditions and special requirements of our passengers. Please forgive us the rare moments when this does not prove to be possible.
- It is always worth getting in touch to find out which boats we have in service. More details on our boats can be found here.
What about Disabled access?
- Access to boats varies. We are equipped with a disabled lift on Brigantia and will always endeavour to put her in service when required. Access to landing stages and from landing stages to boats varies. Please see our Access Statement for more information.
What are your policies on minors?
- We welcome children of all ages.
- Our child fare applies to 5 to 16 years. Under 5's go free!
- Children must be supervised at all times. Safety is always our paramount concern.
- We welcome pushchairs and our crew will be happy to help you aboard with them. On busy days it is essential that they are folded down - please be aware of the fact that we run to a timetable and collapse your pushchair while you wait for the ferry's arrival.
- Hungry families are welcome to bring your own food and drink onboard, we just politely ask that messy foods are kept to a minimum.
- Please inform us if you plan to bring any children under 5 on private charters or public trips: Although you will not be charged we are accountable to The Maritime Coastguard Agency for the number of people on board and minors must be taken into consideration.
Can I bring my dog onboard?
- Dogs are welcome aboard all of our timetabled ferry services as long as they are well behaved and kept on a lead at all times.
- With the exception of guide dogs we cannot allow dogs on Booze Cruises: Boats, Alcohol and Dogs can be a volatile combination and safety is always our no.1 concern.
- Dogs on Daytime trips and Transfers will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Can I bring my bike onboard?
- We are always happy to take passengers with bicycles when we have room but busy days can sometimes see too little space left to accommodate larger bikes.
- Even on quiet days we will have trouble finding room for large groups with bikes.
- Fold up bikes are always welcome.