Primary School Guided Tours
Key Stages 1 & 2
What we offer:
- A fantastic choice of specialised tours to support curriculum at Key Stage 1 & 2
- A stimulating trip for enrichment days
- Classroom resources and worksheets
- Descriptive commentary on the subject of your choice
- Pick up and drop off at any landing stage in the harbour
- Covered, heated boats with toilets and disabled access vessel available.
- Teachers can download this PDF file for more details...
- Ideal group size: 30 students
Classroom resources - information packs and maps (see below)
One hour harbour tour pricing
Standard Tour: £200
On our regular Educational tour, you can have a commentary by the skipper or crew. Skippers and crew who give commentaries are knowledgeable about the history of the harbour, and you will get an informative and interesting talk as you explore Bristol Harbour.
For very young children, we can offer a fun tour about boats, bridges and wildlife!
Harbour Tour Extra: £220
If you are looking for a more in-depth study, we can offer you a tour with a little bit extra. Our ‘Extra’ tours are led by a presenter who will interact with your students by asking questions to encourage them to engage with their surroundings. There might be artefacts to handle, short recordings of first-hand accounts, or a quiz with prizes.
If you choose an ‘Extra’ Trip, you will be sent the relevant curriculum-related resources that can be used to prepare the class, and follow up learning after the visit.
Topics available include:
- Abolition Afloat (Click to view PDF)
- Bristol Trading City (Click to view PDF)
- Ferry Fun Tour (Click to view PDF)
To book, please call the office on 0117 9273416 or email email@example.com
Here Is What The Schools Say ...
‘The children enjoyed it enormously’ - Teacher, Horrington Primary School
'The children loved going under the secret bridge and seeing Bristol from the water' - Teacher, Henbury Court Primary
‘It was super fun! It was amazing and the best part of the morning so far.’
‘The best bit was listening to the diary entry of Equiano’ - Year 6 students, Tickenham Primary
Integrate Your Transport!
Severnside Community Rail Partnership offer free Rail Familiarisation Visits for year 6 classes, and they are happy to facilitate a visit that includes complimentary return travel to Temple Meads on Bristol’s local train network for a day on the Harbour to access a Ferry Educational Tour and a visit to one of the Harbour's world class museums.
No Content Available
No Content Available