We offer a full range of educational trips suitable for schools, universities and other student groups.
'Learning outside the classroom contributes significantly to raising standards and improving pupils' personal, social and emotional development.' ~ Ofsted report
What we offer:
- A fantastic choice of specialised tours to support curriculum at primary and secondary level and higher education
- A stimulating enviroment for learning outside the classroom
- Descriptive commentary on the subject of your choice
- Covered, heated boats with basic toilets facilities
- For very young children, we can offer a fun tour about boats, bridges and wildlife!
- We can pick up and drop off at any one of a number of ferry stops around the harbour
- You can combine your Ferry trip with a visit to other learning centres, such as the SS Great Britain, M-Shed, the New Room or the Visitor Centre at Underfall Yard.
We offer commentaries on a range of subjects tailored for higher education:
Bristol Harbour has a long and diverse history with multiple points of interest including urban regeneration, Brunel's legacy, Victorian engineering and links to transatlantic slavery.
A popular destination for new student orientation, the modern Bristol is a vibrant and colourful place full of houseboats and barges, yachts and Cornish gigs, Bristol channel pilot cutters and sailing ships like the replica of The Matthew - John Cabot's caravel of discovery. If wildlife is of particular interest, kingfishers, cormorants & peregrine falcons can often be seen. Whatever your focus, a harbour tour is a great way to get to know the city from a different perspective.
Lecturers are welcome to provide their own commentary.
Download and print these files to bring on your trip or use them back at school in the classroom:
Educational Trip Pricing
£220 for a one hour harbour tour with commentary.
These are our regular tours. A bespoke tour can be arranged combining different areas of interest subject to advance notice.
One-way Transfer: 30-minute duration, £120
Return Transfer: £220
We can pick up and drop off at a number of landing stages throughout the harbour. Please discuss when booking.
*Please note that if you are not booking for an educational organisation or group, standard harbour tour rates apply.
No Content Available
No Content Available